Vietnam Visa Photo Requirements
With Vietnam E-Visa, most government agencies and travel agents will tell you that you won't need 2 passport-sized photos when you arrive at Vietnam entry port but you need to provide your portrait photo during online E-Visa application. This can be a confusing message since different countries have different photo specifications. Generally, Vietnamese officers are not too strict about the photo details, but you still need to know the following rules:
- Color: The photos must be in color.
- Glasses: Only if eyes can be clearly seen. Veins, hats and scarves and any other accessories that cover your ears or foreheads are strictly prohibited except it must be worn for religious purposes.
- Head size and position: Face the camera. Shoulders squared.
- Background: Solid, plain bright.
- Smile: No smile. Just keep a neutral expression.
- Eyes: Must be visible and open.
The following is an example of a Vietnam visa photo size requirements:
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do I need to send the scan of my passport and photo to Vietnam to get E-Visa?
Yes, you need to submit your scanned photo and passport when you apply online. After filling out the online application form in our website and confirm required documents, receive E-Visa and bring your passport along with printed-out E-Visa to get visa stamped on your passport upon arrival.
2. What if I forgot to bring my photos?
With Vietnam E-Visa, all the necessary information for processing E-Visa including your photo, passport, .. has been updated on the Vietnamese Government after you successfully registered for E-Visa online. So you don't need to bring photos to do immigration procedures at Vietnam entry port.
3. If I forget to take photos, what should I do?
Don’t worry, with Vietnam E-Visa, all the necessary information for processing E-Visa including your photo, passport, .. has been updated on the Vietnamese Government after you successfully registered for E-Visa online. So you don't need to bring photos to do immigration procedures at Vietnam entry port. In case you want to complete immigration procedures at Vietnam entry port quickly, you can register our Airport Speed Up service.
Need Airport speed up service -> Apply now
4. Do children need their own photo for Vietnam E-visa?
Yes. Like adults, children need their own photo to get a visa for Vietnam. It can be a bit trickier photographing babies which’s why we have some recommendations for you:
- You can lay babies down in a chair with the white sheet behind but make sure no one else can be in the picture
- Keep toys, pacifiers, bottles, and other objects out of the picture.
- Do your best to square up the face of the baby and snap the picture with his eyes open.
- How to make payment by Paypal to buy Vietnam visa.
- How to apply for E-Visa - step by step guide
- Vietnam visa processing time – Quick and easy
- How to get a Vietnam visa during holiday/weekend
- How to get a last minute Vietnam visa - only in 15 minutes
- Is Vietnam E-Visa Legitimate?